New Valley Construction, and affiliate of KBE Building Corporation is looking to hire a Full Time Superintendent for a Sacramento, CA project.
Primary responsibility for the proper scheduling of the work of crews, equipment and subcontractors to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner.
- Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up, maintain, and close field office and ensure that the project is secure at all times;
- Thorough understanding of plans and specifications to plan procedures for each phase of construction;
- Identify potential issues in the plans and specs (i.e. items with long lead times, etc.) and alert the Project Manager;
- Demonstrates general understanding of financial implications of decision making, bumps in schedule;
- Perform project start up and ensure project layout is accurate;
- Assist with the development of project schedules for specific scopes of work and work to identify issues/ provide solutions;
- Participate in weekly team meetings;
- Verify that mock-ups match the specs and are approved before any material is installed;
- Ensure work-in-place is installed per plans and specs and QC is adhered to the standards of the construction industry;
- Work with PM to ensure that 3 week look-ahead is up-to-date, provide input.
- Submit, monitor and update 3 week look-ahead schedule with on-site staff and subcontractors weekly;
- Conduct weekly Subcontractor/ Forman meetings;
- Maintain Subcontractor Badging Program daily;
- Conduct safety meetings and ensure that all safety regulations are followed by the company and subcontractor crews. Collect safety meeting attendance sheets from subcontractors;
- Conduct and document pre-installation conferences;
- Create, review submittals (identify compliance/ specifications) and maintain the project submittal log with the project engineer;
- Maintain a rolling punchlist weekly and complete punchlist and close-out in a timely fashion;
- Maintain a project closeout checklist leading up to CofO;
- Maintain all jobsite documentation: ensure all subs provide proof of insurance and review status for expiration dates, complete all daily reports and logs, review subcontractor invoices and provide documentation and backup for resolution of subcontractor claims;
- Work with PM weekly regarding Subcontractor P.L.O. issues;
- Commit to subcontractor’s for the proper back-up for PCO or deduct change orders;
- Maintain as-built drawings on-site weekly;
- Use of Backcharge notifications and log;
- Use of safety notifications and log;
- Communicate effectively with all necessary individuals, including keeping the team well informed of all potential jobsite issues;
- Maintains and creates good relationships with subcontractors, architects and owners;
- Keeps abreast of and participates in continuing education opportunities;
- Maintain required company safety recertification/ training;
- Be accountable for the project commitments;
- NOTE: Some project travel may be required.
- 3+ years of construction industry experience;
- Have a general understanding of most project types/ delivery methods/ phased and non-phased projects. Generally strong in 1-2 areas; (Retail, Apartments/Condos, Higher Education, Healthcare/Medical, Senior Living, K thru 12 Schools, Federal, Mixed Use)
- Successfully completed a role of Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, Assistant Project Engineer, Assistant Project Manager, or Project Superintendent at least two projects each with a construction value over $2 million.
- Thorough understanding of and following of plans and specifications in the construction of projects;
- Experience in controlling job costs and adhering to progress schedules;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrates sound decision making capability;
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and tight deadlines and constraints in a high stress environment;
- Solid experience in Blueprint reading and understanding of schedule logic;
- General understanding of multiple divisions, seeks input on MEP trades;
- Ability to manage and motivate subcontractors and coordinate construction teams
- Solid communication skills
Adept at using software programs such as MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, etc) and other jobsite software
Excellent benefits, perks and overall compensation package offered!